The EECS department is located in the northeast quadrant of the Berkeley campus, at the intersection of Hearst and LeRoy Avenues. The EE Division and EECS Department offices are in Cory Hall. The CS Division is based across the street in Soda Hall. Some of our faculty and researchers are also in Sutardja Dai Hall, next to Cory.
Electrical Engineering Division
Computer Science Division
Take Public Transportation
A trip planner for public transportation information can be found at 511.org. AC Transit and Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) are the two providers.
Take the Shuttle
There is also a weekday campus shuttle (Perimeter or Central Campus; $1 for non-affiliates) that leaves from the east side of Shattuck Ave. north of Center St., just across from the downtown Berkeley BART station.
Enjoy a Walk
Alternatively, it is a 10-minute walk up through our beautiful campus from downtown Berkeley. Head towards the Campanile, as shown on the UCB Visitor Center map, and then left toward the Hearst Mining Circle. Steps to the left of the Hearst Memorial Mining Building lead up to the courtyard between Sutardja Dai and Cory Halls. Continue up those steps to Hearst Avenue, and Soda Hall will be on your left at the next intersection (LeRoy).
Drive to Campus
Driving Directions to campus As you come up Hearst Avenue to LeRoy, Soda Hall is to the left before LeRoy, Cory Hall is to the right after LeRoy, and Hearst Mining (HMMB) is behind Cory Hall. If you are coming from Gayley Road, Cory Hall is immediately on the left when you turn onto Hearst Avenue, and Soda Hall is on the right at the first intersection. The campus provides some general information on visitor parking. There is little public parking in the area, though sometimes short-term residential parking is available. If you are visiting for a specific meeting, your host may be able to arrange a parking permit. There are a few public parking spaces on the second floor of the lower Hearst parking lot, opening from Scenic Avenue. If you arrive later in the day, these are likely to be filled.
Invitation to Prospective Students and Families
At the northeast corner of the campus you will find Cory and Soda Halls, homes of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, with campus dormitories right across the street.
Here are some ideas on visiting our department:
- Sign up for a department tour with the students in the HKN honor society.
- Sit in on a lower-division EECS class. To do so, please select one of the courses below to pull up the course web page. This will show you the days, times, and location of each course. You can then click on the class home page and contact the faculty directly for permission to attend the class. If on the day of your visit you notice that the lecture hall is full or an exam is happening, please respectfully leave.
- Meet with an Adviser. Please schedule an appointment before visiting to guarantee that we’re available and prepared for our meeting. If you don’t have an appointment, you are certainly welcome to stop by, but we may be unavailable.
- Join a campus tour sponsored by the University’s Visitor’s Center
- Visit during Cal Day (in the Spring)
- Visit during Community College Day (in the Fall)
- Review information about directions and parking