Rising Stars 2020: How To Prepare
Rising Stars 2020 will offer a variety of opportunities to workshop and present many components of the job application portfolio. All of the sessions and activities are designed to be constructive environments where participants can receive feedback on their job portfolio materials no matter where they are at in their job search process.
During the Virtual Event
- You will need a current version of either the Chrome or Firefox browser to participate in the poster sessions
- You should keep the shared LinkTree document open in a separate window for the duration of the workshop. You will use it to find the links to join the various presentations, sessions, and gatherings throughout the day.
- Be sure to test your camera, speakers, and mic before the workshop each day. If you will be in a busy or noisy room during any of the participant sessions, consider buying or borrowing a headset to keep external noises from being picked up on your mic.
- If you will be participating in a mentoring session, familiarize yourself with the following Zoom features:
- If you will be participating in a poster session, see a demo of Virtual Chair on Gather.town. Be sure to close your Virtual Chair browser window at the end of the poster session or your video camera will not work on Zoom.
- The social hour on Day 2 will use a platform that works best in the Chrome browser.
- A research poster consisting of a title slide and a content slide, plus a ~3 minute poster talk to be submitted by October 30th.
- A 7-minute job talk start presentation with slides.
- Digital version of Curriculum Vitae, teaching, research, and diversity statements to be screen shared during mentoring session