If you find that you have a grievance (if you believe that a degree requirement has been applied inappropriately or unfairly in your case, for example), you should first present it your Faculty Advisor, who will attempt to resolve the matter informally. If this does not resolve the matter, it should be brought to the attention of the Vice Chair for Graduate Matters for EE or CS. If the Vice Chair cannot resolve the matter, it is possible to invoke a formal grievance and appeal procedure within a limited time period (within 15 days after you received the Department’s decision).  More information about this can be found in section E1.9 of the Guide to Graduate Policy.